U-M biomedical researchers are invited to participate in a scientific poster session hosted by the Taubman Institute in conjunction with its October 22 symposium. Entries will be judged by Taubman Scholars, with cash prizes awarded to top-scoring submissions.
The posters will be displayed from 8:30-10 a.m. on Tuesday, October 22, prior to the start of the symposium, in the lobby of the A. Alfred Taubman Biomedical Science Research Building.
All members of the U-M community are invited to attend the poster session, continental breakfast and symposium. This year’s event will feature the awarding of the 2019 Taubman Prize to Professor Sir Stephen O’Rahilly, a world-renowned expert in obesity and metabolic diseases. Dr. O’Rahilly will deliver a keynote lecture and take questions, from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
Submit abstracts for poster presentations on original basic science, translational, health services, or clinical research.
1st prize: $300 ~ 2nd prize: $200 ~ 3rd prize: $100
- Include title, authors (with degrees and affiliations), and contact information for the presenting author.
- Abstracts should be structured and include: Introduction and Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
- Abstract length is limited to 300 words.
- Posters must fit on a 4′ x 6′ bulletin board.
- E-mail submissions to Glen Walker via email@example.com
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT IS SEPTEMBER 30
Judging criteria will include originality of concept, sophistication of methodology, and clarity of presentation.
Click here for more about Dr. O’Rahilly and the Taubman Prize.
We hope to see you on October 22!