The executive board provides stewardship and oversight of the Institute, assists in establishing the objectives and priorities of the Institute and monitors progress in meeting goals.
Members are appointed by both the university and the Taubman family, and include:
- Dr. Jack Hu, Vice President for Research
- Gayle Taubman Kalisman
- Dr. George Mashour, Director of Michigan Institute for Clinical Health
- Jeffrey Miro
- Dr. Valerie Opipari, Chair of the Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases
- William Parfet
- Dr. Marschall Runge, Executive Vice President for Medical Affairs and Dean of the Medical School
- Dr. Mark Schlissel, President of the University of Michigan
- William Taubman
Leadership Advisory Board
These business and community members provide guidance and advice to the institute for the pursuit ofits strategic goals in key areas such as tech transfer, commercialization, industry relations, collaborative ventures, marketing and media relations. Member include:
- Jessica Alter, CEO and Co-founder, FounderDating
- Ralph Beckman, DesignLab
- Mike Cooper, Partner, Shore Capital Partners
- David DeMuth, President and Co-CEO, Doner
- Mark Gurney, PhD, Tetra Discovery Partners LLC
- Craig Hatkoff, Founder and Chairman, Turtle Pond Publications LLC
- James Hiller Rich Homberg, President and CEO, DPTV
- Joyce Jenereaux, Publisher, Detroit Free Press
- Danialle Karmanos, Founder, Danialle Karmanos’ Work It Out
- Michael Kramer, Dickinson Wright
- James Lang, VP Pharmacy Services, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Patricia Mooradian, The Henry Ford
- Ethan Penner, Founder and Managing Partner, Mosaic Real Estate Investors
- Al Reid, VP Corporate Development, Abbott Laboratories
- Joel Tauber,John Webb, CEO and Managing Partner, Quantum Reach
Scientific Review Committee
- Nancy Davidson, M.D.
- Harry ‘Hal’ Dietz, M.D.
- Brian Druker, M.D.
- Andrew Marks, M.D.
- Helen Mayberg, M.D.
- Beverly S. Mitchell, M.D.
- Scott Pomeroy, M.D., Ph.D.
- Robert Sherwin, M.D
- Ralph Weichselbaum, M.D.
Scientific Advisory Board
This national panel of medical scientists monitors the progress of research and other scientific mattersfunded by the Institute. Members include:
- Dr. Douglas Greene
- Dr. Hamilton (Chip) Moses III
- Dr. David Parkinson
- Dr. George Poste